Thursday, January 20, 2005

Late nights

It is only fitting that my first line is professing a confession. Gosh that was a mouthfull. Well, I must confess that I just read some of my friend's "blog" and it inspired me to start my own. My only hindrance is time. The one thing I lack most in life. I am a stay at home mom with a toddler and a baby. My wonderful husband works full time and goes to school part time to provide for us. He does help me a lot more than the average husband and father. I love my family so much it hurts sometimes. I just put my son to bed and it is after one in the morning. I am not the textbook mother who cheerfully awakens to the baby crying and I do not relish late nights when they just refuse to sleep. It made my heart swell to rock him and feel how soft his cheek was against mine. Little things like that make it all worth waking up 4 times in one night.... I think. I should be sleeping, the thing I crave most, but I am here typing away, I guess getting some frustrations out. I do miss adult conversation and perhaps that is why I started this. My husband can only bear so much of me. Life as a stay at home mom is a lot harder than it seems. There are stresses that only other stay at home moms can understand. Like needing a break. I think a working mom can only understand to a certain point, the desire, the need to just get away from kids is so overwhelming it consumes you. Don't get me wrong, I would never trade anything in the world for what I have been blessed with, it just gets a bit tedious. For the most part my days are easy and rewarding. I am lucky enough to witness the kids' "firsts". I get to see Ansley run up to her daddy squealing with joy when he pulls up from work. I just need to fit in some "me" time somewhere in my overloaded day. One day, right?

1 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Lori,

I think you are doing a wonderful job as a stay at home mom! I know it's hard (I did it for 12 weeks before I returned to work and I was begging for adult talk!!)Your kids are turning in to amazing little people!

Jenny

Wednesday, January 26, 2005 6:01:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home