Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Too smart?

Everyone thinks their child is smarter than average, I may be one of the worst. My two wonderful kids amaze me everyday with how much they know, it even scares me at times. Ansley and I can actually have a conversation, She makes jokes and is even a little sarcastic. A good example of her sarcasm is that she named her goldfish one and two. I figured she would go for nemo and dory or maybe elmo and zoey, nope, one and two. There are a million things I could brag about and that I want to brag about but there is a part of me that feels that it is wrong. I don't want to be the parent that never shuts up about their kids' accomplishments. Ansley's beauty and intelligence are there for all to see, she doesn't need me to point it out. Joey is turning out to be the same way, in my eyes he is an adorable smart little man. Already crawling and saying dada and nomna... I guess that is going to be what he calls me. There I go again bragging. I like to think I have had something to do with their abilities and intelligence, that by me staying home it has given them an advantage somehow. The rewards for staying home are so immeasurable. Too many to list. Every smile and coo make my heart melt. Just when you think you cannot love them any more, you do. I complain a lot about staying home and needing a break, that is definitely a fact. What I can do to change this I have not figured out yet. Tonight has been good, even though as I type Joey is laying on me and Ansley is up past 2 in the morning watching spongebob. I do need time to step back and realize all the joys and blessings I have right under my nose. Getting out makes me a better wife and mother I believe. Now if you had talked to me earlier this afternoon I doubt you would believe it is me writing this. My negativity is killing me. I am guessing, but I think the only cure for something negative is something positive. I have 3 very positive things in my life although the majority of the time I will only say 2. I think that one is easy to figure out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home