Monday, February 14, 2005

Resident Stylist

Going to school for something, such as a trade, automatically entitles your family to your services for life. Or at least that is my opinion. For free at that. I went to cosmetology school when I was 16. While apprenticing, I decided hair was not for me. I love it as a hobby but not as a job. I ought to mention that I also like to do it when I like to do it, not when people need me to. Probably why I would never have made a living with it. This topic arose because I had to cut my dear husband's hair yet again. I have cut his hair ever since I met him 6 years ago. My husband does not have ordinary hair. He has enough for about 5 men. Thank god most of it is on his head. I couldn't handle waxing anything besides his eyebrows. Yes, I wax his eyebrows. The average man does not have 2 inches cut off every month. If he were to let his hair grow to sell, we would be rich. It is a very tedious and time consuming task to cut off then clean up all this hair. Why does he not get it cut somewhere else? Why buy the cow when you get the milk for free? He has a resident stylist sleeping right in his bed. My children will more than likely never see the inside of a salon until they are adults. I have my reasons for this, no one is skilled enough to cut my kids hair. Fat boy obviously has hair like his dad. 5 months old and already 5 haircuts. Ansley has long hair but not from lack of cutting, rather I never let her have the baby mullet that most baby girls have. Moms have an insane need to cut bangs into their daughter's hair. Resist!!! Please don't make your daughter suffer! I see some of the most beautiful children with the worst haircuts and it makes me cringe. Have to remind myself that it is only my opinion and not everyone is trained to do hair. Please don't get me wrong, I am not perfect with hair or anything else for that matter, but I do find it easy. My dad feels as if I owe him free haircuts for the rest of his life because he financed my cosmetology education. I suppose that is almost fair. My mom relies on me for all the special events. My sister backed off after I turned her hair baby blue. On accident of course. With all these free hair cuts going around and all the money that is saved, you would think I could afford to get my hair done. 45 a pop is what it takes for my hair cuts. Which, if you average out the last 2 years in haircuts for me, I have spent all of 100 bucks, including tip. Now you know you shell out at least that a year on your hair. That's not much at all, and I do save money. So why do I feel guilty for wanting my hair done? One day I will get over it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

Big difference. I do not demand that he work on my computer. :)

Wednesday, February 16, 2005 1:07:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home