Thursday, March 30, 2006

Ever feel like an ass?

I have some good news. I switched pediatricians. The kids are now going to my old pediatrician. He is a wonderful doctor, I just have one small problem. I cannot freaking understand the man. Okay, so I do have a little bit of an excuse, I am partially deaf but that really has nothing to do with why I do not understand him. He has a severely thick accent. Of what I thought was Spanish. He gives Ansley a shot and she is crying so I try to take her mind off of it and tell her to start telling me what color things are in Spanish. He laughs at me and tells me she will have to teach him because he doesn't know it either! So what do I feel like now????

More good news about the pediatrician. This will be Ansley's 3rd pediatrician. I was going over her history with him and he was telling me that because she was premature and had severe jaundice, she could be lacking some immune system enzyme. I was like, about damn time! They did all kinds of bloodwork on the kids and we go back in 10 days to get the results. It was really comforting to hear him say that there is no reason my kids should be this sick all the time and that he would find out what is causing this. He is the one who diagnosed my sister with cold urticaria, she was either the first or second person in the US to be diagnosed with this and he found it, so that looks like a good sign to me. I know, why did I not start the kids out with him? Because I am hardheaded. In a big way.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lucky Lum said...

Maybe he's Indian.
My childhood peditrician was Indian and I could never understand him.

Friday, March 31, 2006 6:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home