Sunday, March 12, 2006

We did it! We did it! We did it hooray!

Well, we finally did it.

No, not sex you dirty perverts :) We finally took the bottles away! Last night was our first bottle free night. It has now been a full 24 hours with no bottles. I am so freaking amazed it is not even funny.

Now, if we can get Joey out of diapers and Ansley out of diapers at night, we will have accomplished a mild version of freedom. Ansley has been doing great, no diapers during the day for quite some time now. She hates pull ups, she wants her big girl panties. I have to admit, I have a thing for buying underwear. For everyone. I lost a little of the excitement with buying mine because I just need to go down a size or two. But so far, I love GAP underwear for Ansley. I have to totally shrink them, but they are so cute!!!!!

Ohhhhh, I forgot to mention it, I got a mini van!!!! I am mobile again! It is of course a new to me van, but it looks great inside and out. We lucked up. We paid a lot less than it is worth and did I mention I am mobile again??? Now all I need is a red sox tag for the front and I am set to go.

Those of you with Dora obsessed children will most definitely appreciate this, I got 2nd row center seats to Dora's pirate adventure! We have not told the kids yet. I want it to be a surprise. We did splurge a little, but the kids have not really gotten anything lately and they have never been to a live show.

Since the van did not cost as much as we expected, we had a little left over from the tax return. So some went into savings... Oh wait, we actually have a savings account now! I got the Dora tickets and now the kids need summer shoes. There is a store called goody two shoes here and they get amazing deals on stride rites, I got Joey's summer sneakers for 12 bucks! Okay so anyways it is blatantly obvious that spending money makes me happy, but I have been happy for about a week now. The weather has something to do with it I am sure. That, and my wonderful husband and children. I swear, no sarcasm this time :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Lucky Lum said...

Good job on getting rid of the bottles!
I will be celebrating the day we trash the pacifiers here!!

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 12:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home