Saturday, April 01, 2006

ADD anyone?

Went to the doctor this past week. Mike and I were both sick, I guess for all intents and purposes still are, but whatever, it is the upper respiratory snot thing. We got our antibiotics and decongestants and we are doing a little better. We did ask him about handling stress and depression, see, mike and I both came off of our antidepressants a while back, I hated it. Made me feel like I did not feel anything. I just did not give a shit and I had no sex drive. For most people this would be okay, not me. So, I explained what all was going on and how I was feeling, the doctor told me we were not the "typical" candidates for an antidepressant. We know why we are stressed and we know what is causing the depression and we really cannot change any of those things right now, so he said we need to focus. Makes sense to me. He prescribed Ritalin LA. So far so good. I have definitely been more focused, had a shitload more energy and I think it may be what I needed. Mike definitely needed it, he is so close to graduating and his grades are suffering this semester. Not that they are bad, my husband is just a perfectionist with an awesome GPA. If all goes as expected, he will graduate in December and the stress levels for us both will just about disappear! Once he graduates, I get to go to school. I am ready for it. I have blogged before about feeling stupid, and I feel more so right now than I ever have. I believe going back to school will help that tremendously. Well, I have rambled long enough for now :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Lucky Lum said...

How's the Ritalin going for you?
I tried taking some in college to help me "focus"-stayed up the entire night like I was on speed and crammed for my test the next day.
I aced the test.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006 5:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home