Friday, June 08, 2007

4 going on 20

Yesterday I picked up a friend's daughter, K, for swimming lessons. She gets in the car and I buckle her in the booster seat and shut the door. I get in and start driving off. I hear the girls talking in the back. They sound so serious...

K: Ansley, I have some bad news....

Ansley: Oh no! What happened?

K: My fish died

Ansley: Oh how terrible! Are you so sad?

Bear in mind, K just turned 5 and Ansley is 4. This just floored me! They sound like little women already! Their tone was so serious... I had to try so hard to keep from laughing. I had to call K's mom immediately and she was just as in awe as I was.

They grow up so fast. It is hard to see your 4 year old already acting like she is 20.

*Mike brought something to my attention about the title of my post, now I was never a pot head so I did not catch the "420" reference.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

The same thing happened with my 3 year old...except she killed the fish when she reached in and wanted to hold it!

She'll tell you quite seriously... "I killed Rickey" (our goldfish are Rickey and Lucy)

Friday, June 08, 2007 9:07:00 AM  
Blogger Judy said...

Am I showing how square I am when I say I still don't know the significance of your title????

Thursday, June 14, 2007 8:23:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home