Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Doctor visits...

Had to take Ansley to the doctor today. I took her because her sleeping habits are driving me insane. She is not ever getting enough rest and I have done all I know how to do. I think I could write a book on sleep training. My son, no problem. I started him out in his crib instead of the bassinet by my bed. Back to the doctor visit. I swear I have the attention span of a turnip. We had an appointment at 4:45, we left around 7. Her Doctor is awesome and I really do not want to switch but each appt takes longer and longer. I explained the problem. I got an answer. Not what I wanted to hear of course. A condition called "night terrors" and a double ear infection. Yay. Got her antibiotics, no problem. Ear infection solved. The night terrors is a different story. I came home and of course looked it up online, even went to the DSM so I knew the info would be correct. It is not something that can be fixed with meds. Sometimes psychological counseling is needed. I never would have believed my 2 year old would need that. We got the chamomile tea that is recommended and we are going to try very hard to adhere to a schedule that is more beneficial to her. As for what causes this condition, it could be a number of things from eating too close to bedtime to stress and then, the kicker, lack of sleep. Gee, wonder what causes my kids ailment?

1 Comments:

Blogger howard roark said...

hello, i'm not trying to intrude or anything but i noticed you had mentioned night terrors....i am 19 now, and i used to have alot of night terrors when i was little. my mom said i would be screaming my head off, and she would go in my room and i would be sitting bolt upright in bed with my eyes open. she would calm me down and get me something to drink, and i would go back to sleep. i would not remember a thing; in fact i didn't even know anything about it until years afterward. it hasn't really messed me up, i am a healthy, moral college student with no repercussions. i know it's a hassle and a worry, but i just wanted to let you know i don't think there are any long lasting ill effects. (just a lack of sleep haha).
hope i helped a little!

Tuesday, January 25, 2005 8:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home