Monday, January 23, 2006

New additions to the family!

Everyone needs pets. My little family just needs lots of them. What was supposed to be a little family outing to petsmart, to get Brownie (guinea pig) a bigger cage, turned into a "we need more animals!" adventure. Of course since brownie outgrew her cage, we could not get rid of the too-small cage, we just got 2 long haired hamsters to fill it. So, now we have: Trixie, Junior, Brownie, Pepper and Ginger. We wanted to name the hamsters ginger and soy, but Ansley insisted on Pepper for the blond hamster and Ginger for the dark brown one. Go figure.

I have always been an animal lover. My dad used to refer to our house as a petting zoo. At one time I think I had 2 snakes, 1 iguana, 2 hedgehogs, 1 squirrel and an aquarium with fish and fire newts. That is not counting my dogs at the time. I hope my kids grow up to love animals as much as I do. I just love taking care of things.... that cannot take care of themselves. Sounds like a total contradiction to everything I bitch about I know, but what can I say? I do love little creatures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home