Tuesday, April 18, 2006

I'm stoned....

Today was an odd day. My lovely potty trained little girl decided to become un-trained. I was sitting in my big chair on the laptop, reading blogs of course, when I smell something. You all have vivid enough imaginations to guess what it may be. She comes up to me and says "mommy I pooped". What the hell???? Why do they backslide?

I cleaned her up then sat her down to talk to her, calmly I might add. I asked her why she was having accidents. Her response? "I'm stoned". Now, where she came up with this one is a mystery. My husband and I haven't touched pot in like 7 or 8 years. We do not talk about getting stoned, nor does anyone I know... I think. Anyways, I call my dear husband and calmly inform him of our daughters new word all the while wondering where she heard it. Just to be sure I heard right, I asked again. Same response.

Now I may say the f word and some other expletives that she has repeated, and I know that is MY fault. I could almost care less about her saying damn, or shit, or even the f bomb. It is this one that worries me the most. Is that crazy? First I worry about how or where she heard it, second, what if she says it out in public? When I asked her where she heard that word, she said me. Ummm, NO!

2 Comments:

Blogger Newsandseduction said...

interesting blog.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 8:13:00 PM  
Blogger Lucky Lum said...

Kids are sponges. Probably picked up after hearing it ONE time.
Don't focus on it too much, kids pick up on that and will totally throw it in your face.

Sunday, April 23, 2006 10:19:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home