Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Temper tantrum...

Better known as mommy needs a really big drink. Right now I think I need a huge glass of something with a high alcohol content. Today started out good. Played with the kids outside, jumped on the trampoline. Had an uneventful lunch. Started to clean the kids room and lost track of time, before I know it, naptime is here. Started rocking Joey and everything was fine. At first anyway. He picks his head up, throws his cup on the floor and starts screaming. Not the average I am just pissed off kind, it is the neighbors are gonna call the cops because you are killing me kind. I keep on rocking, trying to ignore it. All of the sudden he slams his little head into my face. Now he has an abnormally hard head. My cheekbone is throbbing and I would bet money I am gonna have a black eye. Not to mention one of my teeth now feels loose.

I wanted to slap the shit out of him but I guess mommies have a built in mechanism to hold the arm back. That sounds horrible I know. I would never hurt my children. For any reason. I just do not know how to handle things like this. Joey keeps having severe temper tantrums. Like 2-3 hour screaming at the top of his lungs tantrums. This is making me crazy because he is usually my good sweet child. They are both sweet, Joey is just still "baby" sweet. Well, was. He is 18 months old, does something just change in boys? It is like he is a different child.

I feel responsible for his behavior because of the MDO thing. He still will not let me out of his sight. He is starting to ease up when I take Ansley. He wants to play on the playground with the older kids, not stay with the kids his age. He is still not attending the new MDO, but I am hoping he will get to the point that he wants to. Ansley absolutely adores her new "school" but even she keeps saying she does not ever want to go back to her old school. I hope the trauma caused by the old teachers is not a factor in Joey's behavior now.

We go to the doctor friday to get the results of the kids' bloodwork. I am nervous and anxious. At the same time I am glad the doctor went ahead and did it. I will post what the doctor says. I think now I need a percocet and a few shots.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lucky Lum said...

It's totally natural to think that, it's just bad if you do it.
Been there.

Have a drink!

Tuesday, April 11, 2006 5:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home