Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Dentists....Scary

Okay, since I am a bad mother apparently, I did not know you are supposed to take your child to the dentist when they get their first tooth. I have called practically every pediatric dentist in Augusta and asked them their policies and whether or not I can be present during her visits. Most allow you to be present during the first visit and subsequent cleanings. That's it. I am finding it very hard to believe so many parents willingly let their toddler go through that alone. I asked what they do when the child will not be still, they strap them to a papoose board. Like hell anyone is going to strap my child to anything. I really really really do not want to deal with this. Help!

1 Comments:

Blogger howard roark said...

gosh, i wouldn't be complacent either about having someone strap my future child to any kind of board! i would say just let their teeth grow in and teach them good habits until they need a dentist. i have 5 little brothers, and we are all as healthy as could be. i had my 1st dentist visit when i was 16, and he said my teeth looked as if i went every 6 weeks!
sorry, i only came here to say thank you for the encouragement, it is so easy to lose sight of the end, and i really do appreciate the thoughts of someone not my age! thank you!

Wednesday, January 26, 2005 6:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home