Monday, February 21, 2005

How safe are my babies?

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/01/23/magazine/23PEDO.html?pagewanted=1&ei=5070&en=62951849f64f2e58&ex=1109048400

If you have the time, read the article above. I worry endlessly about my kids, reading this just gave me that much more to worry about. Usually I take compliments about my kids in stride, now, when some man makes a comment on how pretty Ansley is, it makes my stomach turn. Could be completely harmless, but I don't know that. I know Joey is going to be a handsome little man, and again, I know there are vicious people out there that will think the same thing, only in an improper manner. My question is, how do you protect your babies? I have never let them stay with a stranger, the few people they have stayed with would never in the world harm a child, but I know there are kids out there whose parents are just as cautious as I am and they are traumatized by these monsters. I find it very hard to be sympathetic towards the monsters' and their "battle" with their urges. I am already dreading the day my kids go to school. I tried to put Ansley in a mothers day out program, but, I just couldn't handle leaving her there. It was a very respected preschool that came highly recommended, and the director and teachers were very understanding. I stood out in the hall out of Ansley's view for 30 minutes every time I dropped her off. Bear in mind, this was only for 4 hours a day, 2 days a week. I stopped in multiple times during this the 4 hour period to peek in on her. Wasn't doing either one of us a bit of good. That is also when the night terrors started. I tried to stick it out for a month, but ended up yanking her out. Again, I question what happened or what scared her while I was not there to cause the night terrors. Could be just the fact that I left her, but what if? We are still dealing with the night terrors, and we see a pediatric neurologist next month. We have the option of going the psychiatric route, but what is a child that just turned 2 going to tell them? Anyways, I am definitely more paranoid than is necessary, but I would love to see these people punished severely the first time and not let out to do it again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home