Monday, March 07, 2005

Asheville- the 2nd try

Okay, I wonder if I am jinxed or something when it comes to asheville. My time up there was pretty fun, except for the fact that my mothers car (that I drove up there) got towed our first day out. Jenny parked in a lot that said private parking, towing enforced. She said she always parks there. I didn't argue. We were gone 15 mins. Came back and the car was gone. No lie, 15 mins. Call the company that towed us and they said it would be $150.00 to get the car back. 125 towing fee and 25 storage fee. What storage might I ask? the car was not even at the tow yard yet when we called. The guy would not cut us a break. Anyways, after much fussing and arguing, with everyone in my family, and a few tylenol, we were able to go out and have a nice dinner. We visited a restaurant called The Laughing Seed, vegetarian no less. I knew there were a few different types of vegetarianism, but this restaurant had them all labeled neatly beside the entrees and apps. I had the wild mushroom enchiladas. Good, but a fat person needs more food. One of the other skinny girls said she needed more food too. Made me feel a little better. Now I get to the fun part. Jenny had some friends meet us there and one of them had a little boy named Jacob. He is 2 1/2. He is now my daughters boyfriend. She informed me that she kissed him. Who knew I had to start worrying at this age? They were very cute playing together and terrorizing this nice, peaceful, very zen restaurant. We go home and watch the oscars and I wake up to a frosty white wonderland the next morning. This is causing me great distress. I have to drive home in this and of course, me being the georgia girl that I am, have no clue how to handle snow or ice. We have our breakfast of soy sausage and biscuits and head to L'eau de Vie, the salon where jen works. I am to be a guinea pig for a color class. Aveda came out with new colorant for darker hair colors and they have to teach the stylists how to use it. I had a buddist working on my head. I do not know much about buddism other than this woman took week longs vows of silence, blah blah blah... My hair is now 4 different colors. The very top one being orange. I have not adjusted well. 2 hours later, we get to leave and eat lunch, I am starving by now. This time we went to The Early Girl. It was very good. I was impressed with my sisters selections. I brace myself for the drive home, armed with grapes, cheese, cereal, crackers. Ansley does okay for the first 5 minutes then I hit the curvy parts of the mountains and the snow and ice is freaking me out and my ears are popping and she starts screaming. I give her the grapes then the cheese then the cereal then the crackers, all of which end up on the floorboard. Not good since this is not my vehicle. Then she loses her bottle and I can't turn around to look for it and I do not want to pull over since it is dark and scary. My 3 hours of screaming taught me a lesson. Bring headphones.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home