Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Fat Boy's check up

I took Joey to the Dr for his 6 month check up and shots. They put him on the scales and I was mildly shocked. I know my kid is rather large, but it didn't really kick in till they weighed him. I have a 22 pound 6 month old. My 26 month old only weighs 24 pounds. So the Dr tells me he is not fat, he is proportionate. 95th percentile for height and weight. Poor Ansley was only in the 15th percentile at 6 months old. We are definitely hitting a rough spot with the teething, he has already got one bottom tooth and another trying to come through on bottom and two on top. Overall a healthy boy. He has been sorta crawling for a little while now but he took off tonight. Ansley's bottle was on the floor and he wanted it in a hurry. It was so cute to see his little butt wiggle. I believe he is starting to communicate, at least in my head he is, I think he has already said a few words. Hi, yeah, nomna and da (mommy and daddy).
Had my first taste of what it is going to be like with kids so close in age, Ansley came running up to me saying "Joey touched me, he won't leave my lone". God I love my kids. I think that until you are a parent, you don't know what loving a child means. Having Joey suck on my cheek and Ansley crawling in my lap telling me she wants to hold me, nothing like it in the world. I am a very lucky woman. Mike gave me the best gift he ever could.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home