Friday, March 18, 2005

My little fish killer

My darling little babykins killed 3 of her fish today. She did not mean to of course. I was rocking Joey and she was in her room, watching the fish, or so I thought. She has a big denim covered foam cube to help her in and out of bed. This thing is pretty big but extremely lightweight. I did not really think she would use it to climb without us in there....Duh...Anyways, she swipes the fish food. I am talking ginormous thing of fish food. You know at walmart everything is cheaper when it is bigger. Well, she manages to get the top off and dump the entire thing in the aquarium. I hear a thud and go running in there only to see it is the empty fish food jar. I look at the aquarium and you cannot even see the fish. The water had already turned an opaque orangey brown. She looks at me and she knows she did wrong. She asked me not to take her fish away. I have no clue where she got this. I have never even threatened that. She said she needed to call her gammy. She calls mom and tells my mom I am going to take her fish away and that she needs to spank me. I can tell this child is going to keep me on my toes. I cleaned the tank after she fell asleep tonight and found 3 of the fish dead and couldn't find any of the shrimp. I have not yet figured out how to break this news to her. Maybe if we go ahead and take her to buy frogs and angel fish she won't ask. Oh well, wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home