Thursday, July 21, 2005

Different?

Last night I was on the phone with friends and through the course of the conversation, I realized I am different. My kids watch pretty much what they want. Spongebob, the occasional southpark (if it is not too bad), family guy....If I see that they can't handle it or if it is upsetting to them, we change it. My parents did not shelter me and I do not want to shelter mine. I do believe in god and I am teaching my kids that as well. We have not found a church around here to meet our needs but my kids do attend a non-denominational preschool/MDO. My husband and I have a lot of beliefs that tend to be shunned by the religious community. For instance, not all gay people are bad, and if they want to get married and be a family, let them! I am also pro choice. A decision that raises a lot of eyebrows here in the south. A woman's health should never be compromised. I do not believe in abortion for birth control nor do I believe in abortion after the first trimester except where the mother's health is in jeopardy, but I do believe in a good quality of life for a child. There are far too many children being abused and neglected. Okay, so I know these things are hugely controversial but I do not believe they make me a bad person. I think it is what is in your heart. If you have good intentions and love and caring for fellow man, I think that is spreading god's word. I love my friends dearly and would always respect their wishes where their children are concerned. Nor would I try to impose my beliefs on anyone. What is right for some is not right for all. Okay, got that off my chest. I feel better now :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home