Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Alone?????

I have a serious problem. Yesterday made the second time I went in early to pick up the kids from MDO. It also makes the second time I found my son in a room alone crying. The first time they scurried to get him and assured me that he had just woken up after being put in a crib after he fell asleep. I know he had been crying more than a couple minutes by his appearance. Now I was distressed about this, that is putting it mildly. I did ask them why there was no monitor on, they gave me the reason that since the nursery is across the hall from the playroom they can hear when they wake up. They knew I was pissed. Once, I let it slide. Yesterday I came in early again, by about an hour. I looked in the playroom and both "teachers" were in there along with the other 3 kids in high chairs. My son was not in there. Now I know my son cries pretty hard when I leave and it kills me to do it, but I know of no other way to get him used to other people. So it is mildly believable that he would wear himself out from crying. With me he usually does not go down for a nap till around 2 or so and this is after waking up between 7 and 8, which has me wondering why they always tell me he went down for a nap when he is only there between 9 and 1. Okay so anyways, I follow the teacher into the nursery and she goes in the back way, I guess to shield me from seeing Joey first. My son, my last baby, is alone in a dark room, door shut, in a swing. He is standing up crying and turned around backwards in it. What would you do? I am at a loss as to what to do. Obvious thoughts are to never take my children back there again. Our financial situation is really shaky right now and I had to pay in advance for the summer term, they also said no refunds. My kids need socialization. Desperately. I need a break. Desperately. But these things are most certainly not worth risking my babies safety and well being. The no refunds thing means there is no more money for me to find another place or person to care for them. Am I being selfish if I do take them back? I will worry myself sick if I do take them so I guess that is totally defeating the point. Am I insane for even contemplating this situation? My nerves are shot.

6 Comments:

Blogger Kimmee & Krissteen said...

The first thing you need to do is get in contact with the owner, not some manager, but the owner. Demand your money back and if they refuse toss in the fact that you will be calling the Better Business Bureau and Social Services to report them for neglect and chld abuse. This is clearly a case of abuse and I would, for lack of better terms, be kicking someones ass! I would demand to see their licenses also. Each person that works there MUST be licensed and I would call to the licensing board and verify that they are, in fact, licensed. There is absolutely NO excuse for them to treat ANY child in such a manner!
I would be livid and you have every right to be livid & sad at the way they have been treating your baby!
I am done now, feel free to contact me and I will be more than happy to help you with who you need to contact.
Chris

Wednesday, June 29, 2005 1:30:00 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

Get the baby out! And follow the advice of Chris. There is no excuse for the way your treasure has been treated. I might suggest to other parents to pop in early as well.

Friday, July 01, 2005 4:30:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That is just plain mean to put a child in a dark room. I dunno I would request a refund or tell them you are getting a lawyer, that kinda borders on neglect if you ask me.

Saturday, July 02, 2005 8:55:00 PM  
Blogger Mama Duck said...

God, that sucks.

It sounds like they'd rather let him "cry it out" than try to get him involved in activities and help him acclimate.

I would be irritated to, and it sounds like Chris gave you some great, level-headed advice!

Good luck and keep us posted.

Sunday, July 03, 2005 9:31:00 AM  
Blogger Nell said...

Arrange a meeting with the owner and tell her you want your money back, because you are taking your son elsewhere and tell her why. Don't make it sound like any of this is less than it is. Be very serious and use scary words like abuse, negligence, and criminal.

Be firm, and if they get resist, leave without doing anything you'll have to answer for later. Start making calls. The licensing board, the news, the newspaper, and social services. Child Protective Services gets involved for instances much less than this. They will treat this very seriously.

I would encourage you to call them whether or not they bow out gracefully and give you your money or not. Once your son is with someone else, they will be doing this to another child, and another.

This is nothing about this that is even *almost* ok.

Sunday, July 03, 2005 7:28:00 PM  
Blogger Vixen said...

Oh, that totally sucks! Please let us know how is works out.

Wednesday, July 06, 2005 12:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home