Sunday, June 19, 2005

Fathers day

It is still early so everyone but me and the fatboy are asleep. I have had a lot on my mind lately. My dad has to have a liver and spleen scan on Monday. His regular Dr sent him to an oncologist for low platelet count and the oncologist did some more blood work and the level dropped over 3000 in one week. My dad is a big man, over 6ft somewhere around 275 lbs I think. He is a diabetic and had a stint put in his heart this past year. He has been in relatively good health in spite of these problems, now I am really worried. I suffer from the "my dad is invincible and will be here forever" syndrome. It seems reality is crashing down on me in the worst way. My dad has always been the "protector" in my world. Anything goes wrong and dad will fix it. Granted, he has made me learn several harsh lessons on my own and made me learn responsibility. The thought of something being wrong with my dad is extremely unnerving. Aside from my husband and kids, my parents are my world. They are my best friends.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kimmee & Krissteen said...

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. I hope everything works out for you and him. And just remember, live every day as if it were the last day because life is short and we never know what lies ahead of us.

Sunday, June 19, 2005 11:47:00 AM  
Blogger Mama Duck said...

Our thoughts and well wishes are with you and your dad. Keep us posted!

Sunday, June 19, 2005 1:40:00 PM  
Blogger Danyelle said...

Aww, I suffer fromt he same syndrome and have had to remind myself that Frank(my Daddy) is nto invicible. If your read my post from Tuesday you can see what I have most recently gone through with him.

But, like you, I always call on Daddy and he will make it right. If somebody messed with me, call Daddy. I love my Daddy and will keep you in my prayers.

Friday, June 24, 2005 8:26:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home