Sunday, August 14, 2005

The next Martha Stewart without a felony?

Today was a good day. We woke up late, ate "brunch" and just hung out doing some minor home improvements. I made new curtains for my garden window in my kitchen. I totally get into redecorating. Sewing just does something for me. Mike gave me a morning off a couple weeks ago and I spent it fabric shopping. It put me in such a good mood and I came home all excited and smiley. So today I finally got a chance to do something with my feel good fabric. Redecorating just makes me want to clean and sew and get organized. Too bad there are not enough hours in the day for me to do all that I want. Mike just laughed at me for getting all excited. A man just cannot appreciate coordinating fabrics for 3 different rooms and having them all mesh. I have big plans I just wish I could make him as excited as I am. He did put up my new range hood today with minimal arguing and swearing. That is a big step for him. Fuck is every 3rd word out of his mouth while using a drill.

Joey's 1st birthday is coming up. It is making me happy and sad all at the same time. My little man is growing up. He is no longer a baby. Oh well, enough of the blubbering. This birthday party has me all stressed. Birthday parties always do that to me. I want to make sure I have good enough treat bags. Good enough food.... Cool decorations. You know the deal. I want it to be special and I know he will not remember it but I will. We decided on a construction theme. Tonka dump trucks and manly little toys. It is hot as hell here so it is a swimming party at my in laws house. I am going to try my hand at a dirt cake in a dump truck. Caution tape instead of streamers. I think it will turn out to be cute. I just wonder about the treat bags. It is like you have to top what you did at your last party. So far I have a noodle (pool toy) and goggles for each kid. Then a toy hard hat with a take home party zone cup with a toy truck and tonka stickers and bubbles and a "tape measure" bubble gum thing. Oh yeah and splash bomb balls for each kid. Too much or not enough?

1 Comments:

Blogger Lucky Lum said...

Whoa! That is a bit much for the treat bags. We'll be coming to your parties from now on!
Way to go on the sewing! I wish I had a sewing machine, but then I realize I have no time to sew when I try to get on the computer at every free chance I get.

Thursday, August 18, 2005 11:41:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home