Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Can of worms...

Maybe I am approaching a subject best left alone. I am not questioning my faith or my belief in god. Religion has stumped me lately. Things have been really bothering me and I think maybe I ought to talk to someone. My feelings do not exactly correspond to the laws or rules stated in the bible. Like homosexuals for instance, I see nothing wrong with their sexual orientation. As long as their heart is good and they are not forcing it on me, why is this bad? I know several people like that. They are amazing people as far as their hearts and charitable acts are concerned.

What I believe now is what I believed as a little girl. That god works through us. To see just how big our hearts are and just how much we are willing to help one another.

I don't see too much of this going around in spite of all these churches. And you know in the south there are more churches than you can count. Anyways, I know this is probably going to get me a lot of negative responses but what I need are positive ones.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Try an Episcopalian church. I love the fact that my church has gay members, black families, white families, mexicans, heterosexuals, old people, young people and I have NEVER felt like anyone was pushing their views on me. Wanna have a drink? Episcopal is the church for you as we have priest who know how to have a glass of wine and relax! You may find that you don’t enjoy it as much as I do and that is okay! There is some place out there for you… you just have to fine it! keep you mind open and your heart where it is!

Friday, September 16, 2005 6:55:00 AM  
Blogger Lucky Lum said...

I personally don't think you need church to be religious or believe in God. I like Chase's suggestions! steop back and find out what God is to you... you don't have to find him in a defined building of God.
good luck

Friday, September 16, 2005 11:26:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home