Saturday, October 29, 2005

Nerd convention 2005!

I am finally getting around to writing about the nerd competition. For those of you not familiar with my blog, my husband is a computer science major. He is also the treasurer for the ACM club, aka Nerd club. Now, Mike is not your typical game playin, neverleavethebasement type of nerd. When I met him he had the spikey bleached blonde hair and liked band t-shirts and smoking pot. Thankfully he ditched the pot in favor of me and I slowly depleted his band shirts and replaced them with shirts I found suitable. He was a nerd in disguise. I totally love his nerdiness. It is something of a turn on. I think maybe I just find intelligence attractive. Anyways, he recently attended an ACM competition in Melbourne, Florida. We had to check in on Friday night, and boy was I in for a surprise.

When I think of a nerd, I think of someone like my husband, intelligent, attractive, humorous, likes women.... Boy, I was wrong! There must have been at least 500 nerds there. Very, very few women. It was a total sausage fest. Boring, unattractive sausage at that. Some of these guys looked like they had not seen daylight in years! Some of them looked like their mothers still dressed them. Some of them looked like they wished their mothers had dressed them. It was just amazing to me that people like that existed. I am also guessing that the vast majority there were virgins. Not that there is anything wrong with being a virgin but I think they would prefer a computer over a woman.

Anyways, long story with no point. I was just amazed. I really thought the revenge of the nerd types were a myth. Here again, I was wrong. They are alive and well, and will probably earn double or triple the average mans salary. Hopefully my husband will.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mama Duck said...

Dude, I'll bet you looked like Elle MacPherson to them! Wooooohooooo!!!!

Monday, October 31, 2005 7:56:00 AM  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

If your husband can do both kissy-kissy and computers, he has got to be a keeper. Watch him like a hawk.

Tuesday, November 01, 2005 12:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home