Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Scared

Babykins goes in at 6 in the morning for surgery. This will be the 2nd time in her short little life that she has been under anesthesia. She has dental caries. And I feel like a horrible mother. The dentist did make me feel a little better about the situation, he said that most of her dental problems were formed in utero. I had an awful pregnancy and was on so much medication and my blood pressure was out of sight, and apparently this causes bad teeth in infants. The bottle does not help however.

I 95% of the time only put water or crystal light in the bottle, but I know it is time for her to get rid of it. It just breaks my heart because she has no other security thing like a blanket or bear. The bottle is it. I have been told the best way to get her off the bottle is to get Joey man off as well. I feel bad about this because he is only 16 months old and like his big sister, his bottle is his security.

These horrendous thoughts keep creeping into my head. I know she is going to be fine but I am so worried. They were explaining all the procedures to me today and I am just so scared for her. I don't want her to hurt. Not that any normal parent does want their child to hurt. It's just that she is only 3! She should not be having to deal with this so soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home