Thursday, February 16, 2006

Green bean kisses and poopie stick swirls

My kids amaze me everyday. I do not always write about the good stuff and I should. For every bit that I bitch about them, I love them tens of thousands of times more.

The night before last, I made a crappy dinner of green beans and hot dogs, I haven't been feeling the greatest lately, so anyways, Ansley leans over with a mouth full of green beans and kisses Mike on the cheek, then does the same to Joey and me. Melts my heart when she does that, but then she grins and tells us she gave us green bean kisses. They are good for us. And she is right. I had been feeling pretty crappy all day and then she makes me smile. She is good at that, they both are.

Joey has been going to the potty a good bit lately, which is good, now if I can get them both out of diapers we might be able to afford another car. Ha! One day right? Speaking of the potty, last night we were all laying in bed watching family guy (nothing like a little quality family time right?) and Ansley says she has to go potty NOW. So Mike takes her and I can hear their conversation, they are discussing the size of her "poopie sticks" . She is rather fond of that name. Well, Mike comes in the room and is like, "you gotta see that thing, it is a foot long!". Well, then we all had to march to the bathroom to see her accomplishments. She makes a big deal out of flushing, as well she should, she is only 3. She stands there and watches her poopie sticks swirl, then says "look mommy its swirling". I did not even know she knew what swirl meant.

The kids are definitely a lot smarter than I give them credit for, But everyone thinks their kids are smart right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home