Thursday, November 09, 2006

Old friend or no friend?

I had an interesting conversation today. It was regarding friendships. My real friendships have always meant a lot to me. By real, I mean it is not a passing phase, a person that will always be close to my heart, I know that sounds cheesy as hell, but it is true. A person that no matter how much time goes by between conversations, you still feel the same about and vice versa. A person that knows and understands life is constantly moving and doesn't fault you for not visiting or calling.

I only have a handful of real friends. No matter how many friends you have, it still sucks to realize that someone whose friendship you always held close does not feel the same way. One would think you would have to be a little on the slow side to have that happen, but I like to think I am not slow... Occasionally ditzy but not slow. I truly value my friends and hope they realize this because I know I do not always voice it.

2 Comments:

Blogger warcrygirl said...

I'm the same way; I don't call just anyone in my life a friend, they have to earn that title. Two of my best friends on the planet I've known since 8th and 9th grade, respectively. I'm not big on fair-weather friends, either.

Found you via Bitch Club Blogroll.

Monday, December 04, 2006 5:40:00 PM  
Blogger Diana said...

I can count on one hand how many true friends I have, and it's sad. I was one of the first to have a baby of my 'friends' and they all felt I had changed and it was a bad thing. YES I CHANGED! I became someone's mommy, things have to change, I wasnt available to them anymore. Now that some have kids they understand, but I still feel differently around them because they weren't so understanding when I was the only mommy of the group...

Tuesday, December 12, 2006 12:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home