Sunday, April 03, 2005

Do you want me to be honest or lie?

I have been so busy lately it has been unreal. But I have resigned myself to the fact that this is the norm for my life now. Lately little issues have been crossing my path that have me thinking. Generally I am a pretty honest person which gets me in trouble and makes people not like me temporarily. I would much rather someone hurt my feelings and be honest with me rather than lie and make me feel good. This however is not the norm for most people. My shyness growing up held me back from a lot but now I finally feel like a grown up and grown ups are always honest, right? The shyness is gone for the most part and brutal honesty has replaced it. Here's the thing, I love all of my friends dearly, but do not always like them. This is a normal reaction from my point of view. I am not always very likeable myself. Sometimes I am downright unlikeable. But do I tell my friends when this occurs or just keep my mouth shut and keep my distance? I cannot be the only one with this dilemma. You would think that being an adult would be easy and having friends is not like it was back in highschool.

But Anyways, Ansley and Joey have been so good lately. It makes me feel so good when people talk about how well behaved and polite my kids are...Well Ansley, Joey is just learning to talk. He will be polite when the time comes too. We were at my friend's daughter's birthday party yesterday, her 3rd, and after she blew out the candles, Ansley stuck her finger in the icing and said she needs cake. That part was not well behaved but cute. At least for a 2 year old anyway.

Today is a gorgeous day! Sunny and warm, we played outside while Mike worked on the yard. I guess the weather just makes you want to do yardwork, the neighbors were out as well. Our neighbors are from panama, I think, and they have a 15 year old daughter that does not speak English too well but Ansley adores her. She agreed to start teaching Ansley Spanish. I think it will be easier for her to learn it at this age rather than like me who still does not know a foreign language. Joey is pitching fits, time to feed him....AGAIN.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Never hurts to say how you really feel. Will holding what you really want to say inside just make the situation worse? You may find yourself more and more angry at this friend about even little things because you never talked about the things that make you angry

(by the way it is killing me to know if this is me or a friend in our group)

if it is in fact me, or someone in our close circle, I think I can safely say it's better to talk about when your pissed rather then stew in it.

Jen

Monday, April 04, 2005 8:51:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home