Friday, April 15, 2005

A little overwhelmed

This past week has been slightly overwhelming. Ear infections, sinus infections, trips to different doctors. Oh yeah, and the department of family and childrens services. Our pediatricians office notified me as I am sitting in their waiting room with 2 sick kids that my kids medicaid policies had been cancelled. Well, now I know those of you that do not know me are thinking wow, this woman is trash living off the system. Not true. My husband just does not make much at all right now and he is still in school. I had to quit work because of pregnancy complications, then we decided it was not worth me going back to work just to pay for daycare. That was 2 years ago. The financial situation is almost the same, we just added another kid to the mix. For some reason, dfacs seems to think our situation changes monthly and that I have all the time in the world to park my butt in their waiting room for hours on end just to tell them that I have the same bills and that my husband still brings home the same pay every 2 weeks. And to think you need a college degree to be a social worker.... They don't have a class on common sense in college. But anyways, the kids are getting better. Joey cut another tooth for a total of 5 now. I was looking at him today and it dawned on me that my baby almost isn't a baby anymore. He looks like a little boy. They are growing up so fast. Too fast.

1 Comments:

Blogger Peanutt said...

I hate when my kids are sick. When they lay on the couch almost lifeless. I'm glad that yours are getting better. They do grow up way too fast!!! If you can just keep them little forever, lol, then we wouldn't have to grow old either! LOL.

Monday, April 18, 2005 11:41:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home