Friday, June 02, 2006

Mama always said....

You know the little saying "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all"? I have adopted this as my blogging motto lately. The way I see it, no one wants to read about someone complaining all the time. At least not unless it is really interesting. Two strikes against me there.

I would love to say that the normalcy of life has not engulfed me but I would be lying. Just a plain old mommy and wife with an attitude problem. In trying my new not complaining so much thing, I have been thinking. About things like the past. How I used to be skinny. Possibly even hot. How Mike and I used to have so much fun.

I know all of this was before kids, and I know there is a way to get it back after kids. Hell, they can add to the fun. Sometimes. What I need to know is how to get motivated enough to do all the things necessary to create a better life for my whole family. I think I may possibly be taking a few steps in the right direction.

I have been cooking more, which means healthier meals. Playing with the kids more which means not yelling so much. Now Mike, there's a lost cause. We are both so busy we never have time for each other. I mean that in the most literal sense. NEVER being key word.

Not to whine, but I really want my husband back. I keep telling myself that December will be here sooner than I think and once he walks across the stage in his cap and gown, he is mine again.

1 Comments:

Blogger CroutonBoy said...

Sorry it's been so rough...we deal with a lot of the same things. My wife has a LOT of the same complaints, and every effort we make to go out and have fun seems to get stymied. All I can say is to think positive and don't give up trying, 'cause those moments of fun you do get are completely worth it.

Saturday, June 03, 2006 10:39:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home