Saturday, April 23, 2005

Fun filled day at the mall

As you can probably guess, I went to the mall today. Woke up, fed the fatboy and wondered why the phone hadn't rang yet. Mike and babykins got up a little while later and I figured it out, apparently I forgot to put our crappy phone on the charger the night before. We were trying to figure out what to do for the day and mike wanted to get people together for a softball game, so I called a friend to see if she and her husband would be interested and was informed that everyone (meaning the girlfriends) were meeting at the mall for lunch in just a few minutes. So I rush around like a madwoman trying to hurry and get dressed and get ansley dressed so she can see her little friend too. I hate rushing but I guess thats what I get for not charging my phone. Anyways, I meet everyone and they ordered our food for us so it was waiting on us when we got there. I proceed to piss off like every single person at the table. The discussion was on everyone chipping in for a beach house somewhere this summer. A fun idea. Until I open my mouth.

I am too honest for my own good sometimes, and I do not always say the right words to express what I am trying to get across. Everyone was talking about how much fun the guys would have fishing, and I have to add that my husband would not really find that fun. Again, my brutal honesty. Mike would have more fun hanging out with me and the kids. And I said this. I said that we had a different kind of relationship than they have with their husbands. This is not a bad thing, we are just different, always have been. I said that we do not enjoy spending a lot of time apart. We really don't. Don't get me wrong, we both have to have "me" time. We do enjoy hanging out with our friends and being with them, but usually it is together. Hanging out with the girls is great, I really enjoy girl time and I love all my friends. Which I guess is why I felt like I could be honest. The tone of voice changed and I got a comment that Mike and I could go and get our own hotel room. I did not really think that I said anything wrong, maybe it came out the wrong way, but the general idea I was trying to get across is that my husband would have more fun with the girls because the girls always have the kids and just like my working friends, he cannot stand to be away from his babies in his free time. He is not like most men, and I know all wives say this about their husbands, which is good, we married them for a reason.

After the tension cleared we did manage to go shopping and found one hell of a sale at the gap... shirts for 1.97, and they were actually really cute. I got 7 shirts and a scarf for 16.91. How cool is that??? We were on a mission for a dress for a rehearsal dinner. We searched and searched and my poor friend still does not have a dress!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home