Friday, April 29, 2005

Up all night

So last night was possibly the worst I have ever had with fatboy. I stayed at my mom's because mike had a test and needed to study. My mom went out and my dad, while he has good intentions, is not much help. Both kids screamed all night long. I take that back, babykins slept from 1 to 4 when Joey woke her up screaming. I was up all night long. My mom finally took pity on me at 8 in the morning and told me to go get a couple hours sleep and she would watch the kids. Lucky for my parents, their bedroom is the only one upstairs so they did not have to listen to the screaming. Mom wakes me up at 11 and I call the Dr to get Joey in, they tell me to bring him in immediately. We go and wait the customary hour before we see the Dr. Apparently I am yet again a bad mother. I totally missed the fact that Joey was croupy. He has a lot of congestion in his lungs with some swelling. Luckily no hospital stay was required with this visit, probably the next one though. The Dr said that with 2nd children you tend to overlook things as you do not get as much time with each child. So now I feel like crap that I have let my kid suffer. We went through the croup thing with Ansley numerous times with several hospital stays living under a tent so you would think I would recognize the signs. I guess I should not be so hard on myself, Lack of sleep does tend to make you a bit foggy. I love my fatboy every bit as much as I love babykins.

On a lighter note, my parents got new mattresses. I am talking the mercedes type mattresses. They are the tempurpedic ones I see on tv commercials all the time. I took a nap in their bed and all I can say is oh my god do I want a bed like that. Of course, I will not be able to afford those things until the kids are out of college and married... Oh wait, they still ask for money after they get married... At least I do. It is another late night for me, washing Mike's clothes for work. I know you guys are thinking that I am always washing his clothes late at night.... He must only have like 3 outfits. Not so, I just have a problem with laundry. He probably has more clothes than I do if I would ever wash them all. I just cannot seem to make myself do it! Because I really dislike embarrassment, I will probably break down and spend like 3 solid weeks washing clothes. I made the suggestion that we rent a dumpster and park it in our backyard right outside our bedroom window and just throw everything away. That would probably be cheaper than washing them all. That suggestion did not go over well. Not that I really thought it would.

1 Comments:

Blogger jlybn123 said...

LOL....You are not a bad mommy. We ALL tend to overlook things that seem pretty obvious in hindsight. It's okay.

I did the same thing with my youngest a few months ago. He was coughing, stuffy head, all that regular cold stuff, he did have a fever, but it came and went. I took him after about a week of it. The doc said he had ashmatic bronchitis and his pulse ox was down in the 80's. Imagine how I felt! Naughty mommy for not seeing it. We are human though. If I would have taken him earlier, the doc would have said, "it's a virus, let it takes it course". LOL Isn't that how it always goes?

On to the laundry bit...I also despise laundry. A few weeks ago, it took me ALL day on a Sunday to catch it up completely. Ugh! Wish you luck with that! (I've thought of the dumpster thing myself!)

Keep on blogging...you are certainly entertaining me.

Tuesday, May 10, 2005 11:32:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home