Tuesday, April 26, 2005

The wonder drug

A while back I had to take Ansley to a neurologist. Her pediatrician recommended this as he had done all he knew to help her. If you haven't been reading this, it was for her sleeping disorder and anxiety. I know you guys are thinking how in the world can a 2 year old have anxiety? Well, my kid is not your average 2 year old. She is very smart, but her comprehension level is out of this world.... At least I think so anyway. The neurologist wants to do some testing to see what levels she is at for development. So we will actually get to see for sure if I am right or not. We have been using the medication atarax to calm her down and make her sleepy at night, yeah right, this obviously has not worked, but the neurologist said to use it every night for a week and then switch to melatonin every night and note the changes. All I can say is WOW. An hour after giving her the pill, she is asleep. This is so not like my child it is not even funny. I need to do some reading up on melatonin but for now I have not noticed any negative side effects and she is doing great. I highly recommend it, now I just wish I could give it to Joey. To get them both on the same sleep schedule would make me totally happy.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Good to see something is helping! Now you get some rest too...two years of no sleep has to wear a women down!

Wednesday, April 27, 2005 6:31:00 AM  
Blogger Lori said...

That is funny... rest? I wish I knew what that was! I get one to start sleeping and the other one stays up.... vicious cycle.

Thursday, April 28, 2005 11:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home