Thursday, July 06, 2006

Old hag?

It is official. I am 29. Yesterday was my birthday. I had what mike referred to as a "Hanukkah" birthday. I had 2 cakes and like 3 celebrations. My parents took me out for sushi, spent like 200 bucks but it was sooooo worth it. That stuff is like crack. Anyways, it was a nice birthday even if I am feeling old and wrinkly. Everyone kept asking me if I was 30. Talk about a mood killer.

Joining the Y has been good for me. Well, actually summer has been good for me. We have been swimming just about every day since it was warm enough to swim. I am noticing a difference in my body. Getting toned up but I just cannot deal with the baby belly. 2 c-sections have wrecked my chances for a flat stomach ever again. As soon as the kids will let me leave them in the nursery I plan to work out a little each day. So far though, the swimming alone is kicking my ass. My whole body hurts every day when I get home. I hope it pays off. I am tired of being fat. Now I have old to add to the fat part.

Mike and I were discussing being fat. It is not something that happened overnight. It is not something we even meant to let happen, we just truly love food. When we discuss traveling or even just getting out of the house the first thing we discuss is food. I could be skinny if I wanted to, don't get me wrong, I do not eat like a cow or anything, I just do not limit myself to salads or no fat stuff. I eat like a normal person it just sticks to me a little more. I think the hormones have something to do with it. Or I could just be trying to make myself feel better.

3 Comments:

Blogger CroutonBoy said...

Happy Birthday! And until you've crossed the threshold when your start checking the "36-45" box on surveys you have NOTHING to complain about.

By the way, I'm trying to lose my baby-weight, too...hard stuff. My all ice cream diet doesn't seem to be working...

Friday, July 07, 2006 9:01:00 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Lori, I talked to you on the phone and didn't even say happy b-day. i was soooo into my own day. sorry.

It's never to late to try to lose weight. swimming is a great start. I am on this weight watchers diet, wish me luck

Friday, July 07, 2006 12:03:00 PM  
Blogger Lucky Lum said...

shut up. I'll be 30 this year.

Sunday, July 23, 2006 7:44:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home