Monday, August 14, 2006

How can you do that to your kid????

My sister came to visit this weekend. All was well, we had a great time and of course the kids adore her. She does have one flaw. She lives in Ashville. The first (and only) time I visited her, the city reminded me of Athens, Georgia. I mean so much so that if you were not thinking about it, you would think you were there. Anyways, we were discussing children in Ashville. Her friends children. Who attend schools like "Free to be me preschool". And have names like "Righteous Rhythm". Yep. Some butthead named their kid righteous rhythm. How the kids, I mean toddlers, have dreads and the little boys with long hair wear their hair in a bun.....

Now I am all for freedom of expression. I was a little punk rock freak back in the day and will wholeheartedly admit to it. I loved it. But to subject my kids to that? Maybe dye Ansley's hair blue and teach Joey to mosh..... Amusing right? I just do not get it. Maybe I am getting too old or something but I think these people are condemning their kids to a life of "I am stuck in a college town and can't get out" syndrome.

I will now get off of my little self righteous soap box.....

1 Comments:

Blogger Lucky Lum said...

Hey,
my best friend is moving to Ashville in Jan.
I gotta send her this post :)

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 6:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home