Wednesday, August 16, 2006

In my past life, I was a ......

Liar? Would that be a good word? Mike and I were discussing things at dinner last night. Such as, is dating 2 people at the same time wrong? My response: No, as long as there is no commitment and you are not sleeping with them.

This topic comes up because my sister is dating 2 guys, she just got out of a long term relationship and is not committed to either guy. Mike thinks this is wrong. I think it is fine, as long as she is not sleeping with them.

Anyways, this led to discussions of our relationship. Think way back, like over 7 years ago...... Mike and I talked online for a while before we met in person. We met one night and have been together ever since.

Here comes the interesting part. He asks if I ever dated anyone else after I met him. I say no and he says you are lying. I am a terrible liar. That much is a fact. I was not lying about what he asked specifically. I told him that I still talked to guys online. That was the part I felt slightly dishonest about. Out come the confessions at this point. He admits he still talked to girls online after we met, something he always vehemently denied. He says that was a long time ago, nothing we can do about it now, does it really matter now anyways?

All the grief I got over someone sending me "coded" pages, and now he says "does it really matter?". Ummm, yes. I think it does.

I am really just a pain in the ass and never like to drop the past.

1 Comments:

Blogger Carol ReMarks said...

LOL I'm with you and say that as long as she isn't committed to either man then there is nothing wrong with it even if she IS sleeping with both of them, just my opinion.

Now about the thing between you and your husband? Well, I can relate to your feelings about it.

Found you via the Bitch Club.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006 12:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home